There are various herbal remedies which are very effective for the prevention and treatment of fibromyalgia. Herbal Remedies for Fibromyalgia are more effective in managing the disease and its treatment because natural herbs work holistically, synergistically on the mind as well as the body level. They are not pain killers but balances the “Vata” element which is disturbed in fibromyalgia. The condition is explained in Ayurveda as imbalance of Vata element i.e air element.
Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that causes pain, stiffness and tenderness of the muscles and joints. It is characterized by restless sleep, feeling tired, chronic fatigue, anxiety and depression. It is the most common disease, affecting the muscles leading to chronic pain and disability.
Herbal treatment will include herbs that give adrenal gland support, stress management and pain relief, without causing any side effects. These Herbal Remedies for Fibromyalgia can help to give relief from muscular pain, fatigue and other symptoms of fibromyalgia.
Causes of Fibromyalgia
- The exact causes of fibromyalgia are not known. Physical injuries and viral infections may trigger the problem.
- Fibromyalgia is not a disease, but it is a chronic pain brought on by body responses to stress.
- Some areas in the brain responsible for the sensation of pain react differently in fibromyalgia patients.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
- The symptoms of fibromyalgia can be lessened with herbal remedies that warm the body and reduce inflammation and pain.
- The most common symptoms of fibromyalgia include delayed reaction to stressful events, frequent sweats, weight gain or loss, headaches and migraines, vision changes, morning stiffness, allergies, shortness of breath, earaches and itchy ears, menstrual problems, loss of libido, abdominal cramps, pelvic pain, irritable bowel syndrome and frequent urination.
- The sensory fibromyalgia symptoms include sensitivity to odors, temperature, humidity, light and noise.
- The emotional fibromyalgia symptoms include panic attacks, depression, anxiety, mood swings and irritability.
- The heart-related fibromyalgia symptoms include mitral valve prolapsed, irregular heart beat and pain that mimics heart attack.
- Miscellaneous fibromyalgia symptoms include hemorrhoids and nose bleeds.
Prevention of Fibromyalgia
- There is no proper cure for fibromyalgia, but the symptoms can be controlled by exercise, medication, sleep and reduction of stress.
- Physicians must try to reinforce that fibromyalgia is not a disease but some symptoms that add up to pain.
- Patients suffering from fibromyalgia should be told that exercise is effective.
- Medication helps to reduce fatigue, relieve muscle pain and promote sound sleep.
- Patients with fibromyalgia must take adequate sleep every night.
- Stress and tension can contribute to the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Techniques such as muscle relaxation, yoga and meditation can be helpful.
- Herbal Remedies for Fibromyalgia work very well in the treatment. Natural herbs help to make patients feel better.
- Herbs can be commonly used for the symptoms of fibromyalgia such as pain and weakness. These herbs can also treat related complications such as insomnia, anxiety and depression.
- Fibromyalgia herbal remedies can be used to deal with the condition in a satisfactory way.
- The symptoms of fibromyalgia indicate the condition when the body has reached a certain state of bad health and degeneration. Herbal remedies work very well in this condition.
- Healing through herbal remedies for fibromyalgia requires a broad spectrum approach. However, trying to use specific herbs for fibromyalgia as a standalone cure would be effective naturally.
Herbal Supplements useful in Fibromyalgia
Since fibromyalgia is caused by imbalance of Vata and accumulation of Ama (endotoxins) in the body as per Ayurvedic principles. So restoring the balance is very important. Guggul, Curcumin and Ashwagandha containing preparations like Yograj Guggul , Joint Aid Plus, Aamvatantak churna ( all mentioned at www.planetayurveda.com ) are excellent in treatment of Fibromyalgia. All of them can be used together to get rid of the problem.